Bite-sized Breakfast Briefing for Architects
MFL Professional has teamed up with Leeds Chartered Accountants Kirk Newsholme and Berrymans Lace Mawer (BLM) law firm for its latest Bite-sized Breakfast Briefing on Wednesday 23rd March. The event, aimed at owner-managed independent practices, is called ‘Architects: The Bottom Line’ and will focus on some of the key issues faced by architects today.
In particular the event will focus on the following key areas:-
Kirk Newsholme Limited
• Extracting profits from your business in a tax efficient manner;
• Status issues – paying self-employed / non-employees in your business
• Trading through a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
Berrymans Lace Mawer
• Establishing the right to payment
• How to prepare the claim for fees
• Interest on late payments
• Counterclaims in response to a claim
• What information is important for insurers
• How best to present that information
• How to differentiate your practice and make it a more attractive proposition for insurers
About Kirk Newsholme Limited www.kirknewsholme.co.uk
Kirk Newsholme is a Leeds-based firm of accountants, business advisers and tax specialists. The team offer proactive advice across a range of accounting and tax matters and have specific expertise within the fields of professional practices and the construction sector.
About MFL Professional www.m-f-l.co.uk
MFL is a leading specialist Professional Indemnity Insurance broker to the professions, operating from offices in Manchester and Leeds. Founded in 1997, we offer a broad range of insurance broking and risk management services to the traditional and emerging professions alike, including our own dedicated claims handling services.
About Berrymans Lace Mawer LLP www.blm-law.com
Berrymans Lace Mawer LLP (BLM) is a leading national law firm, renowned for its dispute resolution and insurance expertise. BLM provides an extensive range of legal services in almost 50 areas of law, grouped broadly into nine market sectors: construction and property, corporate risks, healthcare, insurance and indemnity, leisure, media and technology, public sector, retail and transport.
- Jill Wright, Director, Kirk Newsholme Limited
- Justin Smith, Director, Kirk Newsholme Limited
- Jason Nash, Partner, Berrymans Lace Mawer LLP
- Mark Philmore, Director, MFL Professional
8.00am—Registration and Breakfast
Kirk Newsholme Ltd, 4315 Park Approach, Thorpe Park, Leeds LS15 8GB
If you would like to attend, please contact Mark Philmore on 0113 366 2359 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: MFL is happy for articles to be used in reputable publications, websites and companies in a public domain. Third parties that haven’t directly received this article in the form of an electronic press release must receive express permission from MFL, the sole owners of all of this website’s marketing and PR content.
To receive permission or to make further enquiries, call or email MFL’s Marketing and Development team.