Manchester Legal Awards 2019 – Celebrating the Region’s Thriving Legal Scene
McParland Finn Ltd is delighted to be sponsoring the award for “Medium Law Firm of the Year” at the tenth Manchester Legal Awards, celebrating the region’s thriving legal scene.
Now firmly established on the legal calendar, the Manchester Legal Awards recognise and reward the wide range of skills and talent this region has to offer.
The categories encourage nominations from small, medium and large firms and chambers, with a range of individual and team awards. The region’s outstanding talent will be honoured at a glamorous and glittering black-tie dinner on Thursday 7 March 2019 at The Midland Hotel.
Established in 1997, MFL is proud to have worked in partnership with The Manchester Law Society for the past 11 years, acting as its long term, exclusively endorsed insurance broker providing insurance products and risk management services to members.
This year, following a recent merger, MFL will be introducing its trading style, Solicitor Assist, a leading Professional Risks insurance broker operating from Manchester, Leeds and Ilkley.
MFL/Solicitor Assist has specific facilities to provide market-leading cover and competitive premiums for what we feel are the four core covers law firms should consider, i.e. Professional Indemnity, Crime, Cyber and Management Liability.
In addition to these covers, we offer solutions for Office Insurance (including ‘billable hours’ under the Business Interruption section), Title Indemnity and Warranty & Indemnity Insurance products, for the MLS membership body, all supported by an independent claims team.
MFL services include advice on and access to:
- Leading Solicitor’s Professional Indemnity Insurers;
- Appropriate Limits of Indemnity;
- Risk Management;
- Merger and Acquisition;
- Successor Practice;
- ‘Run Off’/Retirement;
- Start-up practice;
- Cyber Security and Risk Audits;
- Appropriate Office cover, including billable hours, contingent property insurance during conveyancing transactions, emergency cover for residential buildings re trustee appointments;
- Insurer comparisons re Title Indemnity, enabling your practice to comply with SRA insurance mediation rules, plus cover options (unknown risks on residential/commercial transactions and known risks identified).
- Availability of cover for small and mid-market deals on both buyer and seller side for Warranty & Indemnity insurances;
- Premium finance.
For more information contact a member of our team on 0161 236 2532 | 01943 670 100 or visit our Services for MLS Members page.