Insurance for Consulting Engineers
MFL Professional has considerable expertise and experience in handling construction professionals risks including those for consulting engineers’ PI insurance.
Our specialists have many years experience of arranging Professional Indemnity Insurance for Consulting Engineers, from civil and structural, through to heating, ventilation and electrical. We have been providing our services for over 15 years and have offices in both Manchester and Leeds. Our detailed knowledge of the risks faced by the profession, coupled with our close links with the PII market, enables us to assist our clients closely in the positive presentation of their proposal to insurers.
Our Consulting Engineers’ insurance services include the following:
- Detailed assistance with the completion of PII proposal forms and compilation of professional presentations to the insurance market.
- Skilful negotiation of PII terms utilising strong relationships with a wide range of insurance markets specialising in writing Consulting Engineers’ PII.
- ‘Hands-on’ claims advice and guidance, including representation of the client at meetings with insurers and their legal advisors.
- Claims Management Package for larger, claims intensive practices where financial control and feedback is paramount.
- Detailed assistance with Risk Management measures.
- Presentations on Risk Management and Claims Handling.
- Regular technical updates on PII issues affecting the profession.
Directors’ & Officers’ Insurance*
Directors are the ‘mind and will’ of any company and can find themselves personally liable to the company, its shareholders, investors, creditors and the general public.
In some cases they may even face criminal sanctions. They are personally responsible for their own actions with unlimited liability and cover is available to protect the directors of Limited companies or Limited Liability Partnerships from the myriad of legal and regulatory hurdles that they may face.
A seamless claims service is provided by our in house claims experts; a team of highly specialist professional indemnity claims handlers will ensure you receive the right advice and protection from day one of a claim notification. Often they are able to deal effectively with the claimant’s initial complaint so that the threat of further legal action is resolved without delay or significant financial impact.
If the unexpected happens, not only are you faced with the difficult task of replacing your property and contents, but you lose valuable time where you could have been undertaking profitable business. It is essential that your office productivity is not adversely impacted, your staff are paid on time, your contractual obligations are met and fixed costs paid.
Comprehensive office insurance will help keep your business on track and protect it. Our office insurance facility offers good quality insurance protection for your Business Property, Business Earnings, Legal Liabilities, Commercial Legal Expenses and Personal Accident cover, all at competitive prices.
*Only available to businesses domiciled in the United Kingdom.