Insurance for Advertising Consultants
The importance of PI cover for advertising consultants is important, considering the increased demands on businesses operating in the sector. Cover can give piece of mind to both you and your client.
Discover more about PI cover for advertising consultants, below. Alternatively, visit our terms and conditions page where you will be able to apply for a quote using our media professions’ online quotation form.
What Is Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) and why does it apply to advertising consultants?
A PII policy in its most basic form covers a claim made against your business following an allegation of negligence in relation to your services.
Who Needs It and Why?
In the modern business world, clients have ever increasing expectations of the services that can be delivered and often will demand the comfort of having such protection in place. A successful action against your business could be ruinous and a PII policy provides you with peace of mind.
What Is Covered?
Protection can include subject to policy limitation:
• Negligent misstatement or negligent misrepresentation
• Defence of allegations of the breach of a third party’s intellectual property rights
• Loss of documents
• Your costs of avoiding a claim against you
What Is Not Covered?
Regrettably it is not possible to cover all scenarios and a few contingencies cannot be included as standard:
• Personal liability of a director
• Any problem you knew about or ought reasonably to have known about prior to setting up or renewing the policy
• War, terrorism or nuclear risks
• You are involved in a telemarketing campaign and misinterpret your data, leading to flawed product launch.
• You create a promotional flyer in which rivals are defamed. You are named in the action from one of the rival firms.